It’s almost the end of October, yet the temperature is warm enough for a light jacket. The sun’s rays were blasting into Maastricht today, a sunny calm after the stormy weather last night. The orchids below were blooming beautifully on the windy terrace of a Japanese restaurant by the Maas River. The sunny weather had me thinking of something citrusy I could make for lunch & lemon chicken quickly came to mind.
This is a simple recipe that takes minimal time apart from waiting around while the chicken bakes in the oven. The outcome is delicious!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 a lemon (or more, depending on how lemony you like your chicken!)
- 300 g mushrooms
- 4 small red potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 205°C. Brush olive oil over chicken and spring with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on a baking dish covered with tin foil.
- Squeeze lemon juice over chicken and cut 4 slices to place on each piece.
- Chicken should take approximately 30-40 minutes to bake.
- In the meantime, slice up mushrooms and potatoes. Leave the skin of the potatoes on, it provides a lot of nutrients!
- Let olive oil warm up on a large skillet. Place potatoes first and let cook for about 6 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir for another 6 minutes until mushrooms darken.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Place potatoes & mushrooms next to lemony chicken and enjoy!