Кюфтета, pronounced ‘kyoofteta’, are a typical Bulgarian prepared meat that are best translated as small beef/pork patties with spices. They resemble mini sliders without the bun and are often served with a side of Greek salad and roasted potatoes.
My grandma used to make delicious кюфтета back in the day and last night I tried to make my own rendition of these meaty delights. The side is a sautéed blend of cherry tomatoes & sun-dried tomatoes with basil.
They are so so easy to make and very tasty!
Makes around 7-8 patties.
Mini Beef Patties (Кюфтета)
- 450 g ground beef/pork
- 60 g grated mozzarella or parmesan (more or less, depending on your cheesiness tastes)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- 2-3 teaspons of finely chopped rosemary and thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat, cheese, and herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well!
- Warm skillet at medium heat and add olive oil.
- In the meantime, use your hands to form patties. You can make them smaller or larger depending on your taste, but they are generally a little smaller than these sliders.
- Place half the patties on the skillet and let them cook about 5 minutes on each side.
- Patties are ready when meat has browned well.
- Serve with a side of your choice and enjoy!
What did you make for dinner today? 🙂
- Sundried Tomato Gnocchi & Avocado Salad (pattern-paradise.com)
- Meatloaf Burger Patties (glutenfree10itemsorless.wordpress.com)
- Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken (zlaterfamilycookbook.wordpress.com)
- Sundried Tomato Pesto Spaghetti and Meatballs (cleanyourplates.wordpress.com)
- Greek Salad Pita (katietheskinnychef.com)