Life as a full-time master’s student has me appreciating little things that never crossed my mind as a child. I walk by the streets in the centre of Maastricht and adoringly gaze at the beautiful fall trends and the multitude of purchases we can make as consumers. Without a job, I no longer struggle to convince myself that a new pair of leather boots is completely justified. Although there are several hardships involved with living a jobless life (it’s neither sustainable nor desirable), it does add a touch of simplicity: buy if and only if completely necessary.
Which led me to purchase a 5-pack pair of socks from H&M last week.
Polka-dots, colours, and black & white staples were all included in this pack and I have been reaping the benefits of wearing brand-new, matching, warm socks ever since. It’s a rather delightful feeling for something so inexpensive yet so simple. 🙂
What have you felt an appreciation towards lately? 🙂
- Completed: Ankle Socks (vinthillvintage.wordpress.com)
- Going for that fringe-y look (trendyschir.wordpress.com)
- Maastricht (thattravelinggirl.wordpress.com)
- Bonnefanten Museum Maastricht: A Fragmented Picture Show (theagonyart.wordpress.com)
- [travel] Maastricht: first impression (lacrymamosa.wordpress.com)